Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cuz you had a bad day....

Everyone has had a bad day, right? Last week I was having the motherload of bad days and one thing after another kept blowing up in my face. At some point people are either driven to madness or just sit around and cry a river. I had a very different experience. After spilling coffee on my white sweater (which can thankfully be washed at work in the theatre laundry room), losing a UPS package, forgetting my cell phone, and numerous other little things, my level of frustration was so high that I was going to burst.
Then the phone rings.....
I'm talking with a student that has some random question (I was asked if I knew were a ladder was that someone could carry across town - what??). I tell her that I'll need to transfer her over to someone else and the line goes dead. At first I thought she'd hung up on me - how dare she! but then I realized that I was no longer attached to my phone. The entire phone cord fell out and I was left holding the handset of the phone. My frustration bubble popped when I started laughing....it was the icing on the cake.

And today I get to work and discover that someone took my good pen. I can tell already that I'm going to need something to blow up or fall down or break just to give me a good laugh today.

Blue skies are going to clear up......

No comments: