Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Pretty Fly for a White Girl

This is great.....the musings of what white people are from the point of view of a white person. So true....and so completely sarcastic!
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/

I'm particularly fond of the musings about grad school. Me, a white chick, recently completed grad school. Why? But, of course, to prove that I'm smarter than other white chicks! And I can prove my smartness because I have a piece of paper (paid for by working full time) to say that I'm smart. Hmmm....so now I guess I have to find life situations where I can argue educational theory as it applies to policy and pedagogy. I'm sure there is some coffee shop somewhere that I can find someone to argue this higher level thinking.
But, on the other hand, who really gives two rips.
Here's the grad student posting from this blog.....it's great:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/03/04/81-graduate-school/

Bottom line for me:
I'm a good teacher and my little piece of expensive paper doesn't really prove that.
And reading people online is just as valuable as reading John Dewey (and far more entertaining).
I've talked more about Bradgelina and Brit-Brit in the past year than any theory of classroom democracy......it makes me "cultured", right?
I'm likable just the way I am.....reading about Polygamy and watching The Girls Next Door makes me interesting. So does an M.Ed. Deal with it!

No comments: